Indoor air quality matters.
Americans spend about
90% of their time indoors*
Health effects associated with indoor air pollutants include:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat
- Headaches, dizziness and fatigue
- Respiratory diseases, heart disease and cancer
in the workplace, hotels, schools and hospitals
Use an air
using a HEPA filter
Use only nontoxic, all-natural cleaning products
Dust with a microfiber cloth or damp rag
Keep the humidity down
Use mattress and bedding covers
Create a smoke-free environment
Sources: entrepreneur.com, healthusnews.com
THIS IS THE ONE FOR
WHEN CLEAN MATTERS.
The Sanitaire® EON™ ALLERGEN is the first commercial vacuum that’s certified by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.SHOP EON™ ALLERGEN
asthma & allergy friendly®
AAFA joined with Allergy Standards Limited to create this program to help improve the lives of people affected by asthma and allergies. Get all the details here.
The CERTIFIED ASTHMA & ALLERGY FRIENDLY Mark is a Registered Certification mark of the ASTHMA AND ALLERGY FOUNDATION OF AMERICA and ALLERGY STANDARDS LTD.
To receive the Certification Mark, products must pass rigorous lab tests proving they help reduce exposure to allergens and irritants.
Peace of Mind
This mark means the product is better for those with asthma and allergies, helping people make smart choices for a healthier home, clinic, school, hotel, office and more.
Numbers Are Growing
One in three adults are concerned with home air quality. 71% make an effort to improve it. We’re here to help.
1 IN 5 PEOPLE WILL
AT SOME TIME*
- People with allergies can experience poor- quality sleep, fatigue and daytime sleepiness
- Adults find it harder to think and function at work, suffer from greater absenteeism and report more work-related injuries
- School-aged children can do poorly on exams and often cannot recall information taught during class
WHAT ARE COMMON ALLERGENS?
PETS / DANDER
1 IN 13 PEOPLE
Asthma has a far-reaching impact on life.
- Asthmatics can suffer from wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and chronic cough
- Asthma can prevent people from participating in certain activities, especially sports
- Every day, asthma results in 40,000 missed school or work days, 30,000 asthma attacks, 5,000 emergency room visits, 1,000 hospital admissions and 11 deaths
- Runny nose
- Itching eyes, nose and throat
- Watering eyes