Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
Sanitaire® Social Media Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) 2021 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. OR LINKEDIN CORPORATION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age and or the age of majority in their state of residence (19 in AL & NE, 21+ in MS). The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of BISSELL Homecare Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, whether biological, adopted, "step" or in-law of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The applicable Website (defined below) server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes (each, an “entry” or “eligible entry”):
I. To enter via Facebook: During the Sweepstakes Period, for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for one of two Facebook Grand Prizes (defined below), visit the website https://www.facebook.com/SanitaireVac/ (the “Website” for the Facebook Grand Prizes) and “Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial’s Facebook page. You can find the “follow” button by selecting the pop-up menu near the page’s “like” button, which is above “Create Post”. You can go to www.sanitairecommercial.com/pages/sweepstakes-terms-and-conditions, to view the Official Rules. Failing to “follow” the page correctly during the Sweepstakes Period will result in an ineligible entry. Standard data rates may apply if you access the Website from your mobile device, and you are solely responsible for any such charges.
II. To enter via LinkedIn: During the Sweepstakes Period, for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for one of two LinkedIn Grand Prizes, visit the website https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanitairevac/ (the “Website” for the LinkedIn Grand Prizes) and “+Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial’s LinkedIn page. You can find the “+Follow” button towards the top of the page, above the “Home” tab, which is above the “About” section. You can go to www.sanitairecommercial.com/pages/sweepstakes-terms-and-conditions, to view the Official Rules. Failing to “+Follow” the page correctly during the Sweepstakes Period will result in an ineligible entry. Standard data rates may apply if you access the Website from your mobile device, and you are solely responsible for any such charges.
III. To enter via mail-in postcard (postage not included): During the Sweepstakes Period, for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the Facebook grand prizes and one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the LinkedIn grand prizes, on a piece of 3" x 5" paper or letter sized paper, print your name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number, email address, and age. Mail to: Sanitaire Social Media Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 3606, Grand Rapids, MI 49501. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2021 and received by December 3, 2021. Postage fees apply and entrants are solely responsible for postage charges.
Limit one (1) entry for the Facebook Grand Prizes and limit of one (1) entry for the LinkedIn Grand Prizes per person regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period. Use of disposable or temporary social media accounts or email addresses from disposable or temporary email address services, or email forwarding services, is prohibited and any attempt to play using such an email address or social media account will be blocked. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses or multiple social media accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times above the stated limit or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times may be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted the entry, the natural person associated with the social media account or email account (as applicable) used for entry will be considered the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Four (4) potential Grand Prize winners (each a “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received, on or about December 9, 2021, by the Sponsor.
Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”)
There will be four (4) total Grand Prizes, as follows:
Facebook Grand Prize #1: as detailed below.
● One (1) Sanitaire® TRACER™ Cordless Vacuum ARV: $289.79
Facebook Grand Prize #2 as detailed below.
● One (1) Sanitaire® HydroClean™ Hard Floor Washer ARV: $413.99
LinkedIn Grand Prize #1: as detailed below.
● One (1) Sanitaire® TRACER™ Cordless Vacuum ARV: $289.79
LinkedIn Grand Prize #2: as detailed below.
● One (1) Sanitaire® HydroClean™ Hard Floor Washer ARV: $413.99
Total ARV of all Grand Prizes in the Sweepstakes: $1,407.56
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one grand prize per Winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. Only the advertised prizes will be awarded. All claimed prizes will be awarded. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance, use and/or misuse not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the Winners. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value at the time the prize was awarded will not be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. All product and brand images are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies, which are not sponsors or affiliated with this Sweepstakes. All prize details shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. All potential Prize winners will be contacted on or about December 9, 2021 via message through the social media account used to submit an eligible Entry and will be required to respond via a message from that social media account within 5 calendar days to confirm their acceptance of the prize. Upon Sponsor’s receipt of the potential Prize winner’s return email, the potential Prize winner will be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, having notarized, and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the winner’s name, city/state, likeness, or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation), and supply a copy of their Driver’s License or government-issued I.D within five (5) business days of traceable email receipt, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize winner may be contacted. The Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be contacted if: (1) a prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable; (2) if notification email is not received and returned in a timely manner for any reason including because of spam filters; (3) if any prize correspondence is not returned within the required time period; (4) or, if a potential winner declines the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason, or is found to be ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email/mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
Prize Delivery: Prizes will be shipped to the mailing address provided at the time of verification within 6 - 8 weeks after verification of prize winners.
Taxes: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 in January of 2022 reporting the value of the prize, as shown above, as additional income in 2021. As a condition of winning, the potential Grand Prize winner Sponsor may require completion of a W9 Tax Form and will be required to furnish their social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Facebook Inc., or LinkedIn Corporation, or Sweepstakes Parties (collectively, “releasees”) resulting from entrant's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes and/or any acceptance or use of any prize item. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the releasees for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the internet or website; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of any prize or these official rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the website. Use of website is at entrant’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to entrant's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website, or the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree to release the releasees from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Iowa law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF NY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If selected as a winner, the participant’s information may also be included in a publicly-available Winner’s list.
12. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Kent County, Michigan for the resolution of all matter or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and agree that any and all such disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
13. WINNERS LIST: The list of winners will be available on the Website, www.sanitairecommercial.com/pages/sweepstakes-terms-and-conditions, for thirty (30) days following the verification of Prize winners.
14. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATORS: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by BISSELL Homecare Inc., 2345 Walker Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, LinkedIn, or any other social media site utilized by the Sweepstakes.
DISCLAIMERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE CONTENT OR THE INFORMATION BEING COMMUNICATED ON AN AD.
WEBSITE AND EMAIL (LANDING/REGISTRATION PAGE) DISCLAIMER (The “click here” reference in this copy should be a hyperlink to the full Official Rules).
To enter the Sanitaire® Social Media Sweepstakes, before 11/30/21, get 1 entry when you “Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial’s Facebook page and get 1 entry when you “Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial’s LinkedIn page (for a total of up to 2 entries per person), as described in the Official Rules . NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Starts on 11/01/21 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends on 11/30/21 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Mail in postcard entries must be postmarked by 11/30/21 and received by 12/4/21. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their state of residence (19 in AL & NE, 21 in MS). Eligible entrants may win up to one (1) of Four (4) total Grand Prizes: Two (2) Sanitaire® TRACER™ Cordless Vacuums (ARV: $289.79 each) (a “TRACER”), and Two (2) Sanitaire® HydroClean™ Hard Floor Washers (ARV: $413.99 each) (a “HydroClean”) Total ARV: $1,407.56. Entrants via Facebook and LinkedIn will each be entered to win either one TRACER or one HydroClean. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable social media platform. Void where prohibited. For complete Official Rules including details on how to enter, click here. Sponsor: BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
NO PURCH. NECESSARY. Open to adult residents in USA. “Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial on LinkedIn before 11/30/21 to enter to win one of two Grand Prizes (Total ARV: $703.78). One entry per “Follow” on each of LinkedIn and Facebook. Void where prohibited. For add’l limitations and details on how to enter, see Official Rules: HERE. Sponsor: BISSELL Homecare, Inc. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by LinkedIn.
NO PURCH. NECESSARY. Open to adult residents in USA. “Follow” Sanitaire® Commercial on Facebook before 11/30/21 to enter to win one of two Grand Prizes (Total ARV: $703.78). One entry per “Follow” on each of Facebook and LinkedIn. Void where prohibited. For add’l limitations and details on how to enter, see Official Rules: HERE. Sponsor: BISSELL Homecare, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. If you enter, you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Facebook.